*Date to be Determined*
Fri, May 01|
Walking Eagle Inn & Lodge
Scared to Death of Death is a full-day workshop. We live in a death-denying culture. While most people grudgingly admit that they are aware of their own eventual death, death remains something rarely discussed.
Time & Location
May 01, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Walking Eagle Inn & Lodge, 4819 45 St, Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1A9, Canada
About the Event
Scared to Death of Death is a full-day workshop.
We live in a death-denying culture. While most people grudgingly admit that they are aware of their own eventual death, death remains something rarely discussed. Continued improvements in medical technology fuel temptation to ignore its limits, create a defiant attitude about death and dying, and suggest a failure when death eventually occurs.
Presenters, Blair Collins, grief counsellor and life coach, and Darrin Parkin, spiritual care clinician, will examine:
• The various factors that have influenced our cultural denial and vilification of death
• The importance of personal meaning-making and spirituality as we reflect on our own individual mortality
• What the dying have to teach us about living
• The insights of palliative care as a way of removing the dread around death
• Accepting mortality as an integral part of the human experience, and how that might impact the practice of medicine
Workshop fees (includes lunch) $50 for the public I $25 for AHPCA members (50% discount for members) $10 for students I $5 for AHPCA student members (50% discount for members) Register at www.ahpca.ca
* If you do not know if you are a current member, please contact AHPCA to find out before registering. 403 206 9938 or firstname.lastname@example.org *
Roadshows may be considered for Continuing Education Credits
Roadshow Rocky Mountain House | Friday, May 1, 2020 | Walking Eagle Inn and Lodge
Workshop: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Registration and coffee 8:30 a.m. Lunch provided.
Host: Compassionate Care Hospice Society
Please register at www.ahpca.ca